Herbal Healing for Sore Muscles

Spring is here. I can tell from my sore muscles. After not working out much all winter, it seems all that I do creates sore muscles. Whether it is my back from working in the gardens, or my arms from putting up new fence posts, my body is telling me it isn't happy.
While most people reach for OTC products such as Ben-Gay or Icy Hot, we prefer a more natural approach. We use the methods below to help heal our sore muscles naturally.
1. Stretch. Always warm up.
2. Massage. Massage is one of the best ways to detox your muscles. It can actually help if you massage before working as well. Use an herbal oil such as Lavender, or Peppermint to help relax and rejuevenate those overworked muscles.
3. Drink lots and lots of water. Water helps to remove toxins from the body, including muscle.
4. When your mucles get tired, or achy, try using arnica, comfrey, crampbark or prickly ash. We make an oil, mix them up and add essential oils to it. It makes a wonderful massage oil.
5. Don't overdue. Overworked muscles take time to replenish themselves. Relax and recooperate.
Herbal healing is healthy healing.

No comments: