Aromatherapy for Stress
Essential oils are very effective in the treatment of stress and in the encouragement of relaxation.
- Essential oils of orange blossom, rose, chamomile and lavender have a noticeable calming effect.
- Scents of lavender, sandalwood and nutmeg help you shrug off the ill-effects of stress.
- Patchouli essential oil helps eliminate anxiety and lifts the mood (it is also said to be an aphrodisiac.).
- Clary sage essential oil acts as a sedative.
- Ylang-ylang essential oil acts as a sedative and mood regulator. Use it in moderation. It can cause headaches in some people.
- Lavender is probably the most useful of them all for relaxation. It is a sedative and a tonic. It helps you to relax, at the same time, it also eases aches and pains, such as headache. Sprinkle four drops on a tissue and inhale deeply for sudden stress. Our ancestors carried with them handkerchiefs perfumed with lavender water or rose water. After inhaling the scent of lavender, you will feel more relaxed in 10 minutes. I carry lavender everywhere I go.
The most effective methods for using essential oils to help calm the mind and relax the body include massage, baths, and vaporization. You can use them singly or in combination.
The Characteristics of Essential Oils Useful for Anxiety and Stress Management